Here at Denon we have been working to make it simpler than ever to bring immersive surround sound to your favourite TV programmes and movies, with the ultra-slimline DHT-S316 soundbar. Standing less than 5cm tall, and including a hideaway wireless subwoofer, the DHT-S316 can deliver our thrilling Denon signature surround sound from Dolby Digital and DTS soundtracks, and also has integrated Bluetooth to receive wireless music from phones, tablets and computers.
Designed to stand on a shelf without blocking the lower edge of a TV screen, the DHT-S316 can also be wall-mounted using the integrated keyholes, while dual midrange drivers and tweeters deliver a crisp, clean sound and the subwoofer brings scale and impact to whatever you’re watching. It can decode both Dolby Digital and DTS soundtracks, with Dolby Virtual Surround to create impressive multichannel effects from a single low-profile speaker. Meanwhile that wireless subwoofer can be hidden away anywhere in the room, creating the ‘near-invisible immersive sound’ effect.
What’s more it needs only a single HDMI cable (included in the package) to receive audio from a TV via the HDMI, Audio Return Channel (ARC), which also allows the DHT-S316 to be controlled by the TV’s remote handset. This makes set-up and operation simple and allows seamless operation both with conventional TV content and audio apps on Smart TVs. You can also connect sound via an optical digital input and, for those who struggle to hear speech on ‘busy’ TV programmes or movie soundtracks, our Denon Dialogue Enhancer makes voices more intelligible without the need to increase the overall volume.
The DHT-S316 also has Bluetooth connectivity, to allow wireless streaming of sound from phones, tablet or computers. This means you can access music stored on your portable device, online services and Internet radio – all with the same crisp, precise Denon sound you’ll enjoy from your TV viewing and movie watching. And with the advanced psychoacoustic algorithms used for virtual surround processing, you can enjoy this audio with enveloping surround effects, too.
Denon DHT-S316 at a glance
- Ultra-slim soundbar system with wireless subwoofer: soundbar can stand below TV screen or be wall-mounted; subwoofer can be hidden away in room
- Dolby Digital and DTS decoding with Dolby Virtual Surround processing to create immersive 3D sound from your favourite TV shows and movies
- Denon Dialogue Enhance to improve speech intelligibility without raising overall volume
- Simple connection via HDMI cable (included) and ARC (Audio Return Channel); TV remote can control soundbar; optical digital audio connection also available
- Full size remote control to easily adjust sound and switch inputs
- Bluetooth for wireless audio streaming from portable devices and computers
- Soundbar stands less than 5cm tall, uses two 1-inch tweeters and two 1.25”x 4.4”
- midrange drivers for definition and clarity; subwoofer uses a single 5.5” bass driver